list-moderation -> Re: KDE without gnome-shell?

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 3 02:58:14 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>wrote:

> oh yeah, release this post after 3 days makes so much sense
> this wole moderation thing is *ridiculous* and again if you can't
> do the moderation in a timly manner stop doing so or simply
> *unsubscribe me completly* so that i no longer *waste my time*
> trying to help others

I'm sorry for pushing the email through moderation.  I was offline for a
couple of days (traveling to Hong Kong), and I was without internet
access.  It looks like the other moderators on the list didn't do any
moderation in my absence, so all I can do is apologize that it took so long
for your message to go through.

> you are doing *much more harn* with the moderation and the
> last few rejected messages was *caused by the moderation*
> because it makes me crazy to see a thread *useless* growing
> and my answer is peding forever

Again, that's not my intention.  As I've explained before, I try to do
moderation every day that I'm online.  I'm usually online Monday through
Saturday, except when I'm traveling for work.  We also have four or five
other moderators, that *should* be helping to moderate posts, but it seems
that they may need some additional prodding.  Hopefully they'll see this
message and step up their efforts.

> yes, devel stopped doing so independently of the thread below which
> was caused by bouncing back a *private message* and exactly the
> same was the reason got moderated here again instead people bounce
> private messages to lists and so violate more the etiquette and law

There's no need to re-hash the entire situation again, Harald.  As both a
moderator on this list and a member of the Community Working Group, I know
exactly what happened, and I'll remind you (once again) that the CWG gave
you strict instructions on what you can do to avoid having your posts
moderated.  Up until now, you've refused to follow those instructions, so
your posts remain moderated.  I don't think I can make this any more clear.

> i better waste my time on writing bug reports and testing packages
> http://kparal.wordpress.com/
>
> updates testing in Q2 2013
> Adam Williamson (adamwill)      231
> Reindl Harald (hreindl)         224
>
> updates testing in Q1 2013
> hreindl         278
> patches         94

Please don't think that just because we're moderating your posts to the
users list (or that sometimes we're slow in getting to the moderation
queue) that we don't value your contributions to Fedora.   I'm happy to see
the great testing you're doing, and the effort you make in trying to help
people in the users mailing list.

--
Jared Smith