FedUp makes F17 no longer boot after botched "upgrade" to F19

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sun Nov 3 11:30:35 UTC 2013

NO MATTER what I select, it hangs. Ive tried all kernels. It hangs right
after the [f] logo has its glow, and just stays there.
>>> Have you tried booting to level 3?
>>>
>> Fedora 19's been doing this intermittently on my machines for months.
>> More so on the little Dell1520 laptop.
>> There are no error messages and nothing in the logs.
>>  I just restart.
>> Roge
>
> Wait a minute!
>
> I've had occasional problems in which F19 gets to a certain point and
> then "fails out" of the GUI. I get a message saying that Plymouth has
> failed. Then it goes for a few more processes and seems to sit
> there--in command-line mode.

I don't think it's hardware related. I have noticed that since the last
3 upgrades, 3-4 days, it has not happened on my desktop machine and only
once yesterday on the dell but that was before the last upgrade.
Myst watch tomorrow.
Roger