can't boot fedora mate spin

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun Nov 3 13:19:25 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 01:43:31PM +0200, Ionut Radu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded fedora mate spin and
> created a liveusb image with livecreator-usb,
> however I can't boot it, please see the snapshot attached.

Have you checked the checksum of the downloaded image before trying
to use it? maybe it's a bad copy...

Also, you can use dd to copy the live image to a usb stick and it boots
up fine.

if your intent is to do "install to disk" that is a perfectly good way to
do it, VS if you want to actually use (not install it) doing what you did
may be better, as it gives some "persistence" for changes you may make.

As for why it fails for you, I'm afraid I ca't help. but trying the
simpler 'dd' method may avoid the problem.

Anyway, I've installed several of the beta TCx spins by just using dd
to copy to usb stick.