How to make Xorg listen to tcp (lightdm)

Kevin Martin ktmdms at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 04:49:53 UTC 2013

On 11/03/2013 10:39 AM, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Fedora-19 + latest updates and would like to make Xorg
> listen to tcp connections for development.
>
> I already set "xserver-allow-tcp=true" in /etc/lightdm/lightdm and
> executed "xhost +", however I still get connection refused when
> starting x-clients with DSIPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0 :/
>
> Any idea where this secret switch is hidden these days?
>
> Thank you in advance, Clemens

Is, in fact, your DM lightdm (if it's not setting xserver-allow-tcp=true in lightdm doesn't make sense)?  What do you see with a "ps
-ef | grep X"?  Is X running with 'nolisten tcp' on when you do that?  Is your firewall configured to allow TCP connections to the X
server?  Did you just misspell DISPLAY above or is that how it's spelled in your command line?

Kevin