NVidia driver installation under UEFI+CSM mode

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Nov 4 19:49:32 UTC 2013

On 11/04/2013 11:33 AM, WangWentao wrote:
> However, I failed to install nvidia driver. After I installed NVIDIA-Linux-x86-319.60.run(no error), the X cannot be started until I restore open source driver.

Using the binary blob from nVidia is probably the worst way to go.  Not
only does it mangle several important system files, it has to be done
again every time there's a kernel update.  There's a much better "fire
and forget" system that works for Fedora, and here's a link to one of
the walkthroughs: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=204752