list-moderation -> Re: KDE without gnome-shell?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Nov 3 05:29:07 UTC 2013

Am 03.11.2013 03:58, schrieb Jared K. Smith:
> On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net <mailto:h.reindl at thelounge.net>> wrote:
>
>     oh yeah, release this post after 3 days makes so much sense
>     this wole moderation thing is *ridiculous* and again if you can't
>     do the moderation in a timly manner stop doing so or simply
>     *unsubscribe me completly* so that i no longer *waste my time*
>     trying to help others
>
> I'm sorry for pushing the email through moderation.  I was offline for a couple of days (traveling to Hong Kong),
> and I was without internet access.  It looks like the other moderators on the list didn't do any moderation in my
> absence, so all I can do is apologize that it took so long for your message to go through.

that's all nice and understandable, but this happens *regulary* all the time
and makes it *worthles* beeing most of the time the first one which replies
day and night

>     you are doing *much more harn* with the moderation and the
>     last few rejected messages was *caused by the moderation*
>     because it makes me crazy to see a thread *useless* growing
>     and my answer is peding forever
>
> Again, that's not my intention.  As I've explained before, I try to do moderation every day that I'm online.  I'm
> usually online Monday through Saturday, except when I'm traveling for work.  We also have four or five other
> moderators, that *should* be helping to moderate posts, but it seems that they may need some additional prodding.
> Hopefully they'll see this message and step up their efforts.

this is a useless situation for *anybody* involved

>     yes, devel stopped doing so independently of the thread below which
>     was caused by bouncing back a *private message* and exactly the
>     same was the reason got moderated here again instead people bounce
>     private messages to lists and so violate more the etiquette and law
>

> There's no need to re-hash the entire situation again, Harald.  As both a moderator on this list and a member of
> the Community Working Group, I know exactly what happened, and I'll remind you (once again) that the CWG gave you
> strict instructions on what you can do to avoid having your posts moderated.  Up until now, you've refused to
> follow those instructions, so your posts remain moderated.  I don't think I can make this any more clear.

obviously there is a need to re-hash

so explain *here and now* and in the public what do you you expect from me
and why you ignore the amount of helpful posts, the amount of feedback
from other list members months ago that the moderation does more harm than
it can ever help and without lose my face

*if you really think* that the possibility of a handful not friendly enough
be needed without moderation and is my only chance to get out a response in
a timly manner) outweights the amout of helpful resonses over the time
*THAN UNSUBSCRIBE ME NOW* and make this decision public, otherwise stop
this kindergarten

>>> You don't seem to understand the code of conduct. It isn't limited to
>>> your interactions on Fedora channels. As part of the community, you are
>>> expected to behave in a certain civilized manner, to be polite and
>>> respectful. It doesn't matter if this is on or off list. It doesn't
>>> matter if you're talking to another Fedora community member or
>>> mozilla/ubuntu/whatnot. You're just expected to behave professionally
>>> and maturely _as_much_as_possible_. We're all human and will lose our
>>> tempers from time to time, but such cases must be *limited* to a
>>> minimum.

if you insist on this paragraph *UNSUBSCRIBE ME NOW* - period

>     i better waste my time on writing bug reports and testing packages
>     http://kparal.wordpress.com/
>
>     updates testing in Q2 2013
>     Adam Williamson (adamwill)      231
>     Reindl Harald (hreindl)         224
>
>     updates testing in Q1 2013
>     hreindl         278
>     patches         94
>
> Please don't think that just because we're moderating your posts to the users list

i do not need to think while i know for sure that it *is not valued* because
otherwise this topic would not exists for months and if you would value it
you would come to the conclusion that the moderation makes more harm
that i ever can do with a reply

> (or that sometimes we're slow in getting to the moderation queue)

replace "sometimes" with "always"

> that we don't value your contributions to Fedora.

i do not think - i know for sure that it *is not valued* otherwise this topic would not exists for months

> I'm happy to see the great testing you're doing, and the effort you make in trying to help people in
> the users mailing list

if the contribution would be valued the list moderators would have come long ago to the
conclusion that the moderation does more harm than it helps as @devel obviously did
instead insist on a letter which explains me that i have to follow the Fedora conduct
of code 365 days 24 hours a day everywhere

the following paragraph is *unacceptable*, a insolence and goes *far beyond*
what a project like Fedora or whatever community is allowed to demand