good bye -> Fwd: list-moderation -> Re: KDE without gnome-shell?

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Wed Nov 6 18:20:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 09:34:05PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
> well, you even do not find it worth to answer and continue not release posts
>
> if you would act honest and practice what you preach you would have written
> an answer within the last two days and even a "please unsubscribe now" would
> have shown more respect than nothing at all
>
> since this bevavior not likely changes i quit *until midnight*, choose if you
> are fair enough to release at least this "goodbye" and/or reconsider how to act
> with people yourself within these few hours
>
> in a free community respect also means people are sometimes allowed to be hot-blooded
> and straight-ahead, given that my seek/give-help ratio is 1/1000 i do not need to creep
> in the sand in front of anybody because trying hard to not insult people over a long
> time is not fair enough
>
> goodbye and hopefully you find enough people with enough knowledge while 24 hours
> a day acting like a pure gentleman in any context - i did not meet much of them
> in the last 35 years, honestly not a single one
> > I'm sorry for pushing the email through moderation.  I was offline for a couple of days (traveling to Hong Kong),
> > and I was without internet access.  It looks like the other moderators on the list didn't do any moderation in my
> > absence, so all I can do is apologize that it took so long for your message to go through.
> obviously there is a need to re-hash
>
> so explain *here and now* and in the public what do you you expect from me
>
> if you insist on this paragraph *UNSUBSCRIBE ME NOW* - period

IIRC there was an apology from the moderator for pushing one of
your messages thru moderation too quickly. That being said, I'm sorry to
see him go. He was a good source of valuable information.

BTW, the moderator(s) seem to confuse bluntness with rudeness and/or
combatitiveness. For my part, I appreciate bluntness.

In case Harald has already unsubscribed, I'm CCing this to him.