What user and password to use in cloud images?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Nov 7 21:55:57 UTC 2013

On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 21:56:54 +0100
Juan Orti Alcaine <juan.orti at miceliux.com> wrote:

> Hello, I've deployed a Fedora20 Beta qcow2 image in a VM, but I'm
> unable to login.
>
> What is the default user and password?

user 'fedora' and no password (which you will be unable to login to via
ssh since sshd defaults to not allowing empy passwords). You should be
able to login on console tho.

http://cloudinit.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

> I cannot find any documentation about it.

Basically cloud-init runs on newly created instances and configures
them based on settings it gets from the cloud. Usually this means
things like:

- set a hostname
- set up locales
- Install a ssh public key on the fedora account so you can login with
  a key.
- set up mountpoints and mount persistent volumes.
- run any arbitrary config you like.

Hope that helps,

kevin