What user and password to use in cloud images?

Juan Orti Alcaine juan.orti at miceliux.com
Thu Nov 7 22:16:08 UTC 2013

El Jueves, 7 de noviembre de 2013 14:55:57 Kevin Fenzi escribió:
> On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 21:56:54 +0100
>
> Juan Orti Alcaine <juan.orti at miceliux.com> wrote:
> > Hello, I've deployed a Fedora20 Beta qcow2 image in a VM, but I'm
> > unable to login.
> >
> > What is the default user and password?
>
> user 'fedora' and no password (which you will be unable to login to via
> ssh since sshd defaults to not allowing empy passwords). You should be
> able to login on console tho.

I cannot login with the user 'fedora'. I'm connected to the console (it is a
CloudStack  cloud), and have tried all combinations of ec2-user/fedora
/passwords/without-passwords.

I also have tried in a local KVM vm, but cannot login.
These are the images I have used:

Fedora-x86_64-20-Beta-TC6-20131026-sda.qcow2
Fedora-x86_64-20-Beta-20131106-sda.qcow2

Should I report a bug or I am missing something?

--
Juan Orti
GPG Key: DEEBD08B - https://www.miceliux.com/~juan/pubkey.asc