Systemd Freezing on NetworkManager or Display Manager

Mark Bidewell mbidewel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 01:41:39 UTC 2013

For some reason it never registered that the "OK" is on the left now.
 There is an "OK" after network manager, but the behavior seems different
after the latest updates.  I wonder if its a GDM vs KDM issue.  KDM seems
to start earlier in the boot process than GDM.  GDM does seem more reliable.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

> On 11/08/2013 04:49 PM, Mark Bidewell wrote:
>
>> I will double check the status, but I don't believe one is printed.  I
>> checked /var/log/messages  And the is a message about being on IPv6 set
>> 4 of 5.  but ip addr show lists both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
>>

> Generally, when you're booting, you'll see either [OK] or [Failed] at the
> end of each line as the various services start.  If it hangs without
> either, that's probably where the trouble is.
>
> --

Mark Bidewell
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markbidewell