DNS problem -

staticsafe me at staticsafe.ca
Sun Nov 10 21:38:56 UTC 2013

On 11/10/2013 15:29, Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> I used to subscribe to open.dns but with this satellite system it no
> longer functions and we are required to use their dns which is part of
> some optimization system Viasat uses.
>
> DD-WRT configuration is set for the following:
>
> 182.63.128.68 and 182.63.128.69
>
> Normally it works well and does its job instantly as far as I can tell.

dresden ~ # dig google.com @182.63.128.68

; <<>> DiG 9.9.3-P2 <<>> google.com @182.63.128.68
;; global options: +cmd

dresden ~ # dig google.com @182.63.128.69

; <<>> DiG 9.9.3-P2 <<>> google.com @182.63.128.69
;; global options: +cmd

That might be your problem, I would suggest testing yourself to see if
they are down for you as well.

As a temporary measure you can use Google Public DNS:
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

--
staticsafe
Please don't top post. It is not logical.