DNS problem -

Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Nov 11 00:41:12 UTC 2013

On 10/11/13 19:28, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA writes:
>
>> No, it won't allow any other DNS server, no matter what I configure
>> it for it always goes to theirs, that's why I gave up open.dns. This
>> was a change
>
> DD-WRT does not give you the option to use fixed DNS servers, instead
> of whatever DHCP servers it gets via DHCP from your ISP?
>
> I'm surprised to hear that. Or, rereading what you earlier wrote,
> maybe you're saying that your ISP blocks port 53 traffic, and will
> only let you use their DNS servers.

DD-WRT will let me use any DNS I want, it's Viasat's system that changes
it. They do some sort of caching to reduce traffic through the satellite
apparently ... Initially I had it configured for open.dns but it wasn't
long before I found it wasn't going there.

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box10   Fedora-19/64 bit Linux/XFCE