rsync question -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Nov 15 17:17:19 UTC 2013

Is rsync not supposed to append to the existing files or just copy over
them?

I would like to update /home/bobg/.thunderbird but the following simply
overwrites everything:

[root at box10 bobg]# rsync -avz /mnt/HOME1/bob/TBdBx07/
/home/bobg/.thunderbird/

In this case I have rsynced .thunderbird from box7 to an nfs server file
TBdBx07 and am in turn applying that to box10. I also want to do the
same with F20-Beta in Vmware Workstion which is how I got off on this ...

Do I misunderstand or am I simply doing it wrong?

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
Box 7 Fedora-19/64 XFCE Linux