How avoid unwanted systemd-journald?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Nov 17 20:46:40 UTC 2013

On 11/17/2013 12:32 PM, Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
> I'm convinced it is as similar things on eg. ms windows (binary logs,
> registry,...) - when is all working fine, then it look fine too.

Yes.  When there's a major crash, you may not have access to the fancy
programs for reading binary logs, especially if they're GUI only, and
you're stuck in CLI mode.  And once you have a binary database of all of
your system info, the temptation to let non-system applications use it
gets to be irresistible, and we all know what that leads to.  There are
some things Windows does that are worth copying; the Registry isn't one
of them.