How avoid unwanted systemd-journald?

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 16:41:31 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 03:43:57PM +0000, Tom H wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have been very frustrated with journalctl. The manual page is very
> > unhelpful in that regard. For example the other day, I wanted to
> > investigate why my laptop shutdown suddenly (I think it was
> > overheating), but there was no reasonable way for me to filter the cpu
> > specific messages. Could you give some pointers how I can do that? I
> > would be very grateful.
>
> Perhaps "journalctl _KERNEL_SUBSYSTEM=<subsystem>"
>
> acpi for power?

That does filter the output, but not the messages I was looking for.
Looking at /var/log/messages tells me the lines should be something like
this:

 kernel: [381990.959785] CPU3: Core temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 38)

But I still can't find where it says shutting down.  Anyway, what
subsystem is the above?  Also how can I limit it to kernel messages from
all subsystems?

Thanks for your response,

--
Suvayu