Can't stand Gnome3, I think it's time for Fedora to move on

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 11:41:30 UTC 2013

On 22 November 2013 05:55, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 12:23 AM, inode0  wrote:

>> Users can care about the distribution and have opinions about how it
>> should be presented. And those creating the distribution should pay
>> attention to them.
>

> Setting aside the fact that users list is hardly the place to influence the
> choice of defaults and it is entirely offtopic to the purpose of this list,
> the idea that users drive the defaults of Fedora doesn't seem to match
> reality.  If you do want to present a good argument you think is worthy of
> consideration, do so via devel list.   Hint:  I can't stand X, so you should
> pick Y because it matches my preferences won't work.

I agree that this isn't really the place to influence the choice of
defaults, but it is entirely the place for users to form consensus.
If you try to talk about this on devel you're open to getting called a
power-user and trying to impose your view on the hapless users. If you
try to talk about it here you're open to not getting heard. Which is
why I'd encourage people to look at the spins to see if any fit their
needs better.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk