WTF happened to ssh?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 12:28:53 UTC 2013

I have a ssh tunnel setup between work and home, port 8022 on
my home system is forwarded to port 22 on my work system, so
I can ssh into work on port 8022.

After some recent update, I can no longer ssh into work
from home when I am running as my normal user at home. I get
permission denied.

When I su -l to root at home and try to ssh into work, it works fine.

What the heck is up with that? Who changed what that
could have that effect?

I get the same password prompt. I type the same password.
I'm lost here.

(fully updated fedora 19 64bit at home and at work).