Dual boot Fedora <--> Windows 8

Steven Rosenberg stevenhrosenberg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 20:03:28 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 2:25 AM, Andre Costa <blueser at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to install Windows 8 on this last partition. Anyone knows if
> this will mess up with my current boot manager? Can Windows 8 coexist with
> GRUB?

When I wanted to add Linux to my Windows 8 system and maintain a dual-boot,
the only distribution that successfully did that out of the box was Fedora
(then F18). This could have more than a little to do with the fact that I
have an HP laptop and UEFI isn't terribly mature just yet.

Going the other way around -- starting with Linux and adding Windows 8? I'm
not terribly confident because I know that Windows likes to be "first" on
the hard drive. I could be wrong, but my gut says install Win8 first and
then roll Fedora onto the box.

--
Steven Rosenberg
http://stevenrosenberg.net/blog