OT- Getting Firefox GMail Old Compose (for a while) - Re: Why some say "rpm hell"

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 14:54:23 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Fulko Hew <fulko.hew at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can you post some instructions ? (for getting GMail usable again after
>> "New Compose")

... snip ...

> That will give you Old Compose

THANK YOU!
This has: saved my sanity, fixed my carpel tunnel, and given me back at
least 5 minutes of each day
that I was recently wasting on the extra mouse clicks and movements that
were now needed to accomplish
the simplest of tasks.

... snip ...

...but in the meantime it's a good stopgap solution.

I'll take any form of relief from that new UI, even if its only for a few
days.
When the first introduced it, I tried it for a few minutes only to conclude
how
user un-friendly it was. So I immediately turned it off.  Unfortunately
when they
turned it on permanently a few months ago, my productivity dropped, and
I was ... extremely frustrated.

> The real solution will be for Google to permanently enable old compose as
> an option for those of us who prefer it.
> There's a petition here:
>
> http://www.thepetitionsite.com/128/981/668/google-gmail-please-go-back-to-the-old-version-of-compose-email/
>
> Sadly only 700 signatures so far...

I had already signed it back in August (# 413)
But like you said, Google won't listen, and we'll probably never get a
usable UI back.