Display setting problem CORRECTION-

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Nov 24 16:00:49 UTC 2013

CORRECTION: Fedora-19

I have a ViewSonic VX2035wm LCD Display monitor on this computer that is
not recognized by Fedora-19. in order to get a reasonable display I have
to run /usr/bin/xrandr -s 1680x1050 after I am logged in and the display
[XFCE] is running. That works for me but it seems a bit clunky and after
doing so for more than a year I would like to find some more elegant way
to deal with it.

I could use a different monitor but I prefer the aspect ratio of this
one, it's wide but higher than the others available.

Anyone know a better way to deal with this? As it stands it is just one
of the things I do every morning after booting the computer ...

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
Box 10 Fedora-19/64 XFCE Linux