Can't stand Gnome3, I think it's time for Fedora to move on

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 10:33:55 UTC 2013

On 26 November 2013 09:44, Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 11/22/2013 01:05 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> You know what you prefer and it is available in the repo.  It shouldn't
>> matter much to you what the default is.
>
> I don't think that's entirely true.  Those of us who use a lot of
> systems and support others need a reasonably sane set of defaults.
> We don't want to be in a Windows 8 situation where you can't do
> anything with a machine before you've spent 20 minutes installing
> add-ons and changing defaults.

If you support a lot of others (like an office environment) and you
have a number of adjustments you need to make it may be worth looking
at kickstarts. If it's just a friends and family scope then spins may
be worth looking at. http://spins.fedoraproject.org/

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk