Display setting problem -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Nov 26 17:06:54 UTC 2013

On 25/11/13 18:28, poma wrote:
> "--output" selects a particular output mode, so it should work.
> Move a 'monitors.xml' so it doesn't interfere with setup,
> $ mv $HOME/.config/monitors.xml $HOME/.config/monitors.xml-backup
> and disable that session script of yours.
> Check what's happening via '/var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log'
"locate *monitors.xml" produces nothing, perhaps that is present only in
gnome3? I believe this F-19 began as an XFCE Live spin.

But no, it doesn't show up in an "unnamed" later version, that does
include Gnome3, either? So I'm not sure where you are getting those .xml
files from?

My script only runs when I initiate it, I test before running it.

"/var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log" contains a lot of data but I'm not sure
what I should look for, nothing "jumps out at me."

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
Box 10 Fedora-19/64 XFCE Linux