F18: Adobe Acrobat Reader fails hyperlinks? [SOLVED]

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 27 14:51:05 UTC 2013

David:
>> Congratulations! You went from a reasonably safe Firefox feature to a
>> known buggy and security unsecured Adobe Reader.
>>
>> Google search for "Adobe Reader Security Breach".

Doug:
> Probably the reason that Adobe won't make anything more for Linux is
> that so many people like this bitch about it all the time.

Well, the right answer should be that Adobe should make better software,
and take their lumps when their faults are found.  Not, make your own
computer worse, for the sake of coping with poor software.  We've
(nearly) all seen where that attitude lies with Windows (masses of
exploits, thousands of viruses).

It's not a Linux-oriented bitch, either.  Adobe is seen as a dangerous
condition for all OSs.  Browsers now warn users against PDF files, virus
checkers regard them as dangerous until proved otherwise, and security
advisories warn users about them.

A far more likely reason that Adobe, or any other profit-oriented
business doesn't make something for Linux, is that they don't see a
return on their investment.  They want to sell software, or a service,
and we're not paying customers.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.13-100.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon May 13 13:36:17 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.