Why some say "rpm hell"

David dgboles at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 18:53:03 UTC 2013

On 11/27/2013 11:59 AM, AP wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> It's still missing the headers.  Give the other browser a try, and we'll
>> see if that change things.  Likewise, you could try changing some of the
>> privacy settings.
>
> Well, I am replying from Opera browser right now.
>
>> There's little point in trying to be extremely
>> private with email on a mailing list, you're posting in public with your
>> email address.  Perhaps they give you choices for certain websites
>> against others (I'm only familiar with NoScript - it does let you
>> customise it).
>
> Well, my target is not to be private with email but only to be secured
> with Malware during online web surfing and nothing more. Even when I
> know that it is Linux, but using those addo-ons just block the
> malwares and viruses (if), they guarantee that....

Excuse me for butting in but...   :-)

I don't see any problems with your emails AP. I see the headers and they
follow the thread, for me, in Thunderbird. No matter which browser you use.

Frankly I find it hard to comprehend just how the browser and any of
it's settings, would have any interaction with an email written on the
Gmail Web interface, or any email interface.

I've linked 1 file to this email:
* AP.txt (5.8 KB) hosted on Box:
https://www.box.com/shared/78msc32ktf0k6oed51wq

--