Why some say "rpm hell"

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Thu Nov 28 02:40:14 UTC 2013

I haven't been following this discussion thread closely of late but
would like to understand how and what emails, clients, headers, gmail
and faults or not with browsers has to do with  "Why some say "rpm
hell". I seem to have missed a step.

Was the rpm issue resolved or explained. Isn't rpm a way Fedora gathers
and loads updates and installs new apps?
Is the email discussion a change of direction or does this no longer matter?
Roger