Audio from Win 7 guest VM decided to work, all of a sudden

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Thu Nov 28 16:11:05 UTC 2013

After just installing a new Windows 7 guest, I was surprised to hear some
scratchy audio, from Windows, when it booted.

I never had any luck getting any audio from guest VMs. I have a different,
existing Windows 7 VM that's not producing any audio, on a different laptop.

So now that, apparently, in F19 you can have audio passthrough from guest
VMs, anyone knows what knobs need to be tweaked on an existing VM, to enable
audio passthrough? Or, maybe it's hardware specific, and depends on audio
hardware capabilities.