Default browser

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Nov 29 17:58:52 UTC 2013

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:29:58 -0600, g wrote:

> On 11/28/2013 01:09 PM, Beartooth wrote:

>> Anyway, I changed dillo to Dillo both in Alpine's settings and on my
>> PC, and links still open in Firefox. :-
>
> applying a little 'swag' because i use firefox in kde de.
>
> does 'dillo' have a configuration to mark it as _default_?

	Not that I could find.

> open firefox, in url bar, enter;
>
>    about:config
>
> search for;
>
>    checkdefaultbrowser
>
> note setting.

	It shows Status default type boolean Value false -- as I think it
should.

> open link;
>
>    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_FAQs_:_About:config_Entries

	OK, I got that far.

> <ctrl+f>, enter;

	Did those; don't see anything happen.

>    checkdefaultbrowser
>
> to find setting description.

	Here, if not before, you lose me. What was "<ctrl+f>, enter"
supposed to do??

> more about firefox as default;
>
>    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_browser

	You do understand, nicht wahr?, that I am trying to get *RID* of
the default to Firefox??

> i do not know about 'xfrec4' and 'Settings->Preferred Applications',
> but if it is close to kde de, these settings should have your default
> set as first;
>
>   text:
>   html = *.htm, *.html, *.xhtml
>
>   application:
>   vnd.mozilla.xul+xml = *.xul x-font-ttx = *.ttx x-gnome-saved-search =
>   *.savedsearch x-mozilla-bookmarks x-ufraw = *.ufraw
>
> also, kde has a 'system settings' which has setup for 'default
> applications', where in 'web browser' is set.
>   [which may be similar to xfrec4's 'settings']
.
	In Fedora, at [Main Menu xfce4] > Settings > Preferred
Applications, I have Web Browser set to Dillo. If I can get the machine
to respect that, I'll be in clover.

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.