Default browser

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 30 02:13:54 UTC 2013

On 11/29/2013 11:58 AM, Beartooth wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:29:58 -0600, g wrote:
<<>>

>> does 'dillo' have a configuration to mark it as _default_?
>
> Not that I could find.

does it have anything similar to firefox's about:config?

>> open firefox, in url bar, enter;
>>
>>     about:config
>>
>> search for;
>>
>>     checkdefaultbrowser
>>
>> note setting.
>
> It shows Status default type boolean Value false -- as I think it
> should.

ok. try changing it to true, then when firefox opens, tell it not
to be to see if that changes things.

i have never used anything for browsing other than firefox, so i
am not aware what will happen during opening with setting of true.

if it works, great. if not, then you need to ask thru support
for  xfce4.

i am tending to believe that it is a problem with xfce4 and not
a fault of fedora or firefox.

>> open link;
>>
>>     http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_FAQs_:_About:config_Entries
>
> 	OK, I got that far.
>
>> <ctrl+f>, enter;
>
> Did those; don't see anything happen.

could be because you did not enter search word.

>>     checkdefaultbrowser
>>
>> to find setting description.
>
> Here, if not before, you lose me. What was "<ctrl+f>, enter"
> supposed to do??

as tim said, it opens a search bar at bottom of window, where in
you enter search word/s.

when applied on page link above, it would find the description for
"checkdefaultbrowser"

all of which was so that you would see what settings do.

>> more about firefox as default;
>>
>>     http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_browser
>
> You do understand, nicht wahr?, that I am trying to get *RID* of
> the default to Firefox??

very well understand. links where for you to see how default is
set and how it is used.

i guess it was a bit of 'tmi'.

<>

> In Fedora, at [Main Menu xfce4] > Settings > Preferred
> Applications, I have Web Browser set to Dillo. If I can get the
 > machine to respect that, I'll be in clover.

i know what a 'dildo' is, but i am not familiar 'Dillo', so i ask
if 'Dillo' has config settings to make it default?

--

peace out.

tc.hago.

.