OT: Upgrading to Newer Laptop

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Oct 4 23:05:14 UTC 2013

On 10/05/13 09:14, Tim Evans wrote:
> Looking to move up from my ThinkPad T61p (Fedora 19) to something more
> current.  Looks like the T530 might be an option, as might be the Dell
> Latitude E6350.  Both are priced in the same ballpark. Comments
> welcome, as well as other suggestions.  Thanks.

You might like to have a look at www.thinkpenguin.com.  They are heavily
Linux oriented
(and as such deserve to be supported IMHO).  I haven't bought a computer
from them (yet)
but I bought a USB WiFi device from them --- which solved an infuriating
problem that I
was having in getting WiFi to work on my new-ish Toshiba Satellite
L850.  Service was
prompt, friendly and helpful, and their communications were lucid and
basically bullshit-free.

     cheers,

     Rolf Turner

P. S.  Based on my experience, ***don't*** buy a Toshiba!

     R. T.