Fedora 19 Gnome 3 with Nvidia Geforce 5200

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Tue Oct 8 12:25:51 UTC 2013

On 8 Oct 2013 at 10:25, Reindl Harald wrote:

Date sent:	Tue, 08 Oct 2013 10:25:39 +0200
From:	Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
Organization:	the lounge interactive design
To:	"Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes at kuentos.guam.net>,
	Community support for Fedora users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Subject:	Re: Fedora 19 Gnome 3 with Nvidia Geforce 5200

> >> because the live image does not use the nvidia BLOB driver?
> >>
> > How would one get the fedup upgrade to not use the nvidia BLOB
> > driver? What is the nvidia BLOB?
>
> the nvidia binary drivers - BLOB = binary large object
>
> > Long ago, I had actually used the nvidia drivers, but they stopped
> > supporting the cards many versions ago
>
> which you did not mention in your initial post
>
> do you have a xorg.conf?
> if yes try to delete it, recent linux setups do not need them

no xorg.conf, many versions ago it was removed.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI        16293205.607455   |   EINSTEIN    13678155.629852
ROSETTA      8740992.203187   |   ABC         16370459.348372