Fedora = "the darker side of the Internet?"

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 03:00:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 5:48 PM, linux.whiz at gmail.com
<linux.whiz at gmail.com>wrote:

> Seems like DreamHost considers Red Hat Fedora users second class citizens:
>

> http://www.dreamhost.com/dreamscape/2013/06/03/change-is-in-the-air-dreamhost-upgrades/

Nah, they simply seem to come from Debian land and hence have a
Debian-centric view of the world. Ubuntu surely is also very supportive of
firms willing to announce a swith to their distro. ;)

About the creative writing ("darker side of the net") I take it as just a
tongue in cheek comment. But someone should tell them that there is plenty
of light on RPM-land (considering they put Fedora, RHEL and CentOS in the
same bag).

*Year-end deferred revenue balance exceeds a billion dollars, up 15%
year-over-year*
http://investors.redhat.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=751668

Red Hat Is Still On Target To Nearly Triple Revenues In Three Years, CEO
Says
Julie Bort Apr. 2, 2013, 5:06 PM 1,362

Red Hat, the first and only open source software company to reach over $1
billion in revenue, is still on track to nearly triple its revenue to $3
billion by 2016,  CEO Jim Whitehurst said in an interview.

I'M PRETTY CONFIDENT, thus, that the lights won't go out in "the dark side
of the Internet" ;p

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell