Printing problem with cups-1.6.4-2.fc19

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue Oct 15 08:36:23 UTC 2013

Hi all,

having a problem since having updated to

cups.x86_64 1:1.6.4-2.fc19
cups-filters.x86_64 0:1.0.38-2.fc19
cups-filters-libs.x86_64 0:1.0.38-2.fc19
cups-devel.x86_64 1:1.6.4-2.fc19
cups-filesystem.noarch 1:1.6.4-2.fc19
cups-libs.i686 1:1.6.4-2.fc19
cups-libs.x86_64 1:1.6.4-2.fc19

I use some Libreoffice documents with gray background.
I'm printing to a Samsung ML-1660 B/W printer. Since that cups version
update, the gray parts of my document are signifinatly darker printed
than with the previous cups version, and the gray areas are not smoothly
printed.

I have the impression that the color management now fails in cups.

Anybody has similar problem? All comments are welcome.

Kind regards

Joachim Backes

Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)
Kernel-3.11.5-200.fc19.x86_64