Fedora = "the darker side of the Internet?"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Oct 18 23:09:41 UTC 2013

Am 19.10.2013 01:03, schrieb Roger:
> On 10/19/2013 05:00 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> I think you all missed their point about wanting an install that has a

> Admittedly I am a novice in much of the reasoning about version changes but have long wondered why they bother when
> much of the new version could be just another update. Golly we update kernels and core apps with regularity.
> When it gets serious like moving from ext4 to btrfs or what ever it's called, now that would require version change
> but most version changes so far seem to be just updates.
> I have no wish to create a flame war or cop derogatory comment, my few cents worth is based on observation not
> study of code.

and that is why different distributions exists
but also on Fedora no update will ever change for filesystem

* if you want no abusive changes but security updates and bugfixes use RHEL/CentOS
* if you want a recent system with all drawbacks use Fedora

and that is why i call the article idiocity: they mix Fedora and RHEL