install to disk for another system

idwsh6b02 at sneakemail.com idwsh6b02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Oct 30 21:00:25 UTC 2013

I'm looking for strategies that support installing fedora to a removable disk that will then be removed to run in another system.  Ideally this will be automated (as opposed to clicking on 'Next' buttons like the standard anaconda install from CD).

Basically I'm picturing something like:

 - set up partitions / filesystems based on some config file
 - install packages from local repository
 - post-package configuration (e.g., configure etc files)
 - remove disk, insert another, repeat

This sounds very kickstart-ish, but kickstart is usually used to install onto storage on the actual target system.  I want to install to a disk in a separate machine, then move the disk to the target system.

This might even be an installation for a target system that is not the same architecture as the installer system.

Fire away.  What solutions are out there?