Trouble setting up kickstart

Gabriel Ramirez gabriello.ramirez at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 01:04:13 UTC 2013

On 08/28/2013 08:15 PM, Michael Larsen wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a kickstart server on my home network. I can't
> get network booting working. DHCPD and tftp are working, but the tftp
> request on the client is timing out with:
>
> PXE-E32 TFTP open timeout

seems the xinetd daemon was not started, if the machine is running
fedora 19 the tftp server runs via systemd with:

systemctl start tftp.socket tftp.service

systemctl enable tftp.socket

some options are missing from the dhcp server config too, but I don't
know how pxelinux start from tftpd and switch to serve files via nfs

my schema is:

if the network card boot from pxe then
load ipxe
else the network card has already ipxe

if ipxe is loaded
load ipxelinux from a webserver

and the webserver has the pxelinux config files ks, and fedora dvd

Gabriel