Announcing Fedora GPG Key Server - keys.fedoraproject.org

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 3 12:18:20 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-09-02 at 22:10 -0500, Nick Bebout wrote:
> The Fedora Infrastructure team is pleased to announce that
> keys.fedoraproject.org is now up and running as a GPG keyserver.  We
> are also part of the sks-keyservers.net pool, which means that some
> people using pool.sks-keyservers.net will be directed to our server.

Based on prior experience with another key server, what happens when we
upload our keys?  Does it disseminate the keys?  Does it provide a list
of contacts upon request (i.e. a list, rather than respond to specific
queries for the key for a specific person).

The reason I ask, is long ago I uploaded a key, and was the immediate
target of spam to that address.  I added another address to the key, and
it got spammed as well.  This went on for a very long time (years).  I
removed some addresses from that key, and those addresses stopped
receiving spam, shortly afterwards (days).  So, that keyserver, or a
linked one, was obviously being monitored on a continuing basis to spam
active addresses.  I've forgotten which one it was, now, but it wasn't
some obscure server, it was one of the ones listed in the guides for
either GPG or PGP.

I'm just not prepared to put up with that sort of crap anymore.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.