error: Failed dependencies: but libraries are installed

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 16:44:26 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM, myken <myken at iae.nl> wrote:

> On 03/09/13 18:15, Richard Shaw wrote:
>
>> I can't tell any problems based on this output... Try getting the raw
>> requires and see if something sticks out:
>>
>> rpm -qp --requires diamond_2_2-base_x64-101-x86_**64-linux.rpm
>>
>> Richard
>>
> How do I know if something sticks out?
>
> I run the command and I got a long list of libraries including:
> libXi.so.6
> libXi.so.6()(64bit)
>
> Do you require the complete list?

Wouldn't hurt... I looked at downloading the package but chrome didn't seem
to like the page where I presume you have to accept some sort of
agreement...

You can make sure the requirements are being met using repoquery...
Something like:
$  repoquery --whatprovides "libXi.so.6()(64bit)"
libXi-0:1.6.1-2.fc18.x86_64
libXi-0:1.6.2.901-1.fc18.x86_64

Richard