"Error: connection activation failed: Device not managed by NetworkManager or unavailable" after moving machine

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 4 07:49:31 UTC 2013

On 09/03/2013 05:01 PM, Aaron Gray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Error: connection activation failed: Device not managed by
> NetworkManager or unavailable"
>
> I am getting the above error and have tried all my normal mods to try
> and get a connection.
>
> I did move the SATA drive from one machine to another and back,
> changing the MAC address and putting it back in the process.
>
> I have tried adding 'NM_CONTROLLED="yes"' to
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-em1
>
> but still am not able to get it to work.
>
> As I cannot connect to the internet on this device I cannot do any yum
> reinstalls.
>
> Hope you can help,
>
> Aaron

sometimes the quickest way to find an answer is to first check forums for
a similar problem to find an answer to a problem.

when that fails, using an internet search engine can work.

i chose the latter with ixquick.com, results was 27 hits;

https://ixquick.com/do/search?q=%22Error%3A+connection+activation+failed%3A+Device+not+managed+by+NetworkManager+or+unavailable%22&lui=english

watch for line wrap.

--

peace out.