VMware install problem -

Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Sep 5 19:08:22 UTC 2013

On 05/09/13 14:12, Reindl Harald wrote:
> you are *not* following the instructions because they are clearly contain these
> two curl-commands downloading the patches, if you follwed the first step
> "cd /tmp" to the /tmp directory and the full path is referred by the next steps
>
> curl -Ohttp://pkgbuild.com/git/aur-mirror.git/plain/vmware-patch/vmblock-9.0.2-5.0.2-3.10.patch
> curl -Ohttp://pkgbuild.com/git/aur-mirror.git/plain/vmware-patch/vmnet-9.0.2-5.0.2-3.10.patch

No, I followed the instructions exactly, copy/paste!

I went through it again and this time it worked!

However I am still unable to enter the key. It wont even let me type in
the "enter key" box.

Now it wants me to buy VMware 10 instead! I don't know what's going on
but I guess I will have to deal with VMware directly. I have been
reluctant to do that after earlier phone contacts that accomplished nothing.

Can I enter the key from the command line, does anyone know how to do that?

Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box10   Fedora-19 Linux/XFCE