Something compatible to MS Office on Fedora?

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 12:09:57 UTC 2013

     Hello,

  I need to be able to collaborate writing documents with colleagues who
use MS Office. That is, we send documents back and forth while each party
edits them.

  It used to be that LibreOffice was acceptable, although way from perfect.
But recently, it is causing severe headaches. I'm importing and exporting
as DOCX in Writer, and I get cases where it crashes persistently when I
want to open a document, or in other cases indentation changes to absurd
ways, and math formulas get corrupted and in one case simply vanish.

  Is there a better alternative? Or a better way to use LibreOffice to
share with MS Office?

  This is a potentially fatal problem.

  Thanks!

     Best,