Something compatible to MS Office on Fedora?

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri Sep 6 12:34:14 UTC 2013

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 08:09:57 -0400 Oliver Ruebenacker <curoli at gmail.com>
wrote:

>      Hello,
>
>   I need to be able to collaborate writing documents with colleagues who
> use MS Office. That is, we send documents back and forth while each party
> edits them.
>
>   It used to be that LibreOffice was acceptable, although way from perfect.
> But recently, it is causing severe headaches. I'm importing and exporting
> as DOCX in Writer, and I get cases where it crashes persistently when I
> want to open a document, or in other cases indentation changes to absurd
> ways, and math formulas get corrupted and in one case simply vanish.

Interesting, but can you post a document so that we can check? I used
to use abiword, but that is useless with docx so I switched to LO with
not much discomfort. I am using 4.1.1.2-2 in F19.

Of course, I use LaTeX for most of my mathematical and scientific
things, so I may not have occasion to come across your issue.

>   Is there a better alternative? Or a better way to use LibreOffice to
> share with MS Office?
>
>   This is a potentially fatal problem.
>
>   Thanks!
>
>      Best,