Turning off SELINUX

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Fri Sep 6 15:58:03 UTC 2013

On 06.09.2013, Javier Perez wrote:

> My beef is given the NSA origin of this software, It could very well have a
> backdoor to turn itself off under the appropriate circumstances like an
> NSA-sponsored breach an allow unrestricted access to my system..

Every person contributing to free open source software could do
that. You're talking about the NSA: they could easily pay
somebody to do that for them. Everybody with a lot of money could do
the same. If that's your concern, you can never ever be
shure, unless you have reviewed all of the sourcecode running on your
machine by yourself, and recompiled the software using this source afterwards.