Turning off SELINUX

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 7 10:31:47 UTC 2013

"hello, Joe". ;=)

On 09/07/2013 02:46 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 09/06/2013 10:41 PM, g wrote:
>> when i descended ladder, staying well clear of antenna wire, i looked down
>> at water and caught glimpses of some fishes with their bio luminescence.
>> another great sight.
>
> I remember seeing that when I was in Tonkin Gulf, back in '72.  Never
> saw any St. Elmo's fire, but lots of that bio luminescence.  Once we
> were keeping station around a specific point in a dead calm, with a fog
> bank centered on where we were supposed to be.  Every time we came out
> of the fog, it was time to turn back and take another pass.  In and out
> of that fog for three or four days.  Boooooring!

we never went out during any form of fog. no radar or sonar on the boats.

yes, heavy fog tends to 'short out'/'suppress' St. Elmo's Fire.

"Tonkin Gulf" sounded familiar, so i ran a search.

you were there around the time of 'delimitation'. had it been 1964. it would
not have been so "Boooooring!".

--

peace out.

sl6.3 linux