free CA?

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Sat Sep 7 18:02:29 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Does anybody know of a free CA (Certificate Authority) that is
recognized by common browsers?  I have some very low volume
non-commercial sites and cannot justify spending $100/year on
certificates for them.

I tried CAcert by no matter what I did they said they could not contact
my mail server in order to verify me.  (Same server where my Fedora
Users mail arrives w/o problems.)  tcpdump shows they came and carried
on some sort of conversation.  Given all that I gave up on them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Mike Wright

p.s Thank you, Edward Snowden.  You've done us all a great service.