Turning off SELINUX

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Sep 7 21:20:36 UTC 2013

On 09/07/2013 02:00 PM, g wrote:

> On 09/07/2013 03:01 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> On 09/07/2013 03:31 AM, g wrote:
>>>
>>> "Tonkin Gulf" sounded familiar, so i ran a search.
>>>
>>> you were there around the time of 'delimitation'. had it been 1964. it
>>> would
>>> not have been so "Boooooring!".
>>
>> Steaming in and out of a fog bank was boring.  I suggest that you read
>> up on the Easter Offensive, because I was on one of the 38 ships
>> supporting the ARVN at that time.  If it weren't for that, I probably
>> wouldn't have lost part of my hearing.
>>

> is that the "31 January 1968 Tet Offensive"?

No.  The Easter Offensive was in '72, when the NVA poured across the
border with 150,000 men and more armor than the Germans sent to the
Kursk Salient.  They ended up with a few positions south of the border,
and got back 50,000 men on foot.  ARVN did almost all of the ground
work.  We supplied air support and shore bombardment, and took almost no
casualties.  Look it up in Wikipedia.