Turning off SELINUX

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 8 11:51:27 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 07 September 2013, g sent:
> i know that feeling. similarly, i had a skin effect experience when i
> put my hand on a van de graaff generator at the Chicago Museum of
> Science and Industry.

I had my revenge on my unfriendly classmates at school with a Van de
Graaff generator.  ;-)  While they were all daisy-chained to each other,
standing on plastic boxes, with one on the end touching the generator,
as part of a practical demo, I grabbed the water pipe and the person on
the other end.  They all sprang apart in a hurry.

> not so good a feeling was having touched the low voltage rectifier in
> the high voltage section a a tv with palm of my left hand. that went
> straight to the bones in my hand and exited from my foot thru 3 nails
> in heal of my shoe to a floor furnace. i had the burn marks in both
> for well over 40 years.

I hate switchmode power supplies.  Electrically noisy, high voltage,
high current, painful operating frequencies, or DC, live heatsinks...
You have to be damn careful working on them.  I'm not sure which is
worse, them or TV set EHTs.

> it is a shame that most of 'tech heads' of today know very little of
> such, thanks to the needs of the aero space rocket launches.

Yes, if they hadn't needed to cram a computer into a tiny space capsule,
and had the money to fund the research, I don't know how long it would
have been before we got ICs.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.