blackened screen 2

Kevin Martin ktmdms at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 18:39:18 UTC 2013

On 09/09/13 13:31, Richard Vickery wrote:
> Hi gang:
>
> I'm on F20. The only way I get a screen that anyone can see is not by
> using the portable computer's screen, but plugging it into another
> screen. I tried going into the "Power" control but it's already on
> maximum brightness. Any Ideas on how else I might try to fix it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard

Y'know, I just had this problem with an HP laptop and had to replace the screen.  I could *barely* see that the screen had something
on it if I shined a flashlight on it at different angles.  It turned out to be a bad screen.  FWIW, this was with Knoppix but the
screen was definitely bad.  Screens on laptops are fairly easy to replace, FWIW.  Lots of videos on how to do it and the screens
tend to be < $100.

Otherwise, I couldn't tell you what might be happening.

Good luck.

Kevin