free CA?

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Mon Sep 9 20:47:04 UTC 2013

09/09/2013 02:23 AM, J.Witvliet at mindef.nl wrote:
> [...]

Hallo Hans,

Thanks for your help.

I've successfully sent mail from Yahoo to the email address I'm using.
I've also had friends from across the US successfully send email to that
address; nonetheless, the signup session with CAcert always fails with:

"Email Address given was invalid, or a test connection couldn't be made
to your server, or the server rejected the email address as invalid
Failed to make a connection to the mail server".

Would it be OK if I contacted you off list at your mindef.nl email
address?  Perhaps you could try sending me an email from where you are.
  That may help me figure out what is breaking where.

I've combed through my DNS and mailserver settings and found no errors
(obvious to me).  This dns/mail setup has been working for about 14
years (djbdns/qmail).