blackened screen 2

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 10 19:46:07 UTC 2013

On 09/09/2013 10:56 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:
<>

> Update: I don't see any see anything on-screen anymore; trying to get
> something readable on X on the external monitor has created a situation now
> where there is no X11 on screen - all I can get on the external monitor now
> is a text environment.

does that include bios?

i can believe that you have lost X.

did you try a live cd/dvd from an earlier?

even an install/recovery cd from oos, aka, msos, like what should have come
with laptop. something that will get you past bios to check graphics chip
after you get past bios.

> Though I have saved most of the data on external drives, I fear the loss of
> something crucial, thus don't want to reinstall on the hard drive if I can
> avoid it. If need be, I lack wisdom is burning an image from text.

before you worry about burning anything, you should verify a working or non
working screen. then you will know if you need to replace screen.

> Does anyone know of a notebook computer screen-replacement reseller in
> Vancouver, Canada?

if screen proves out to need to be replaced, i do not mind asking an ex nephew
of a place. if he does not know, i do not mind running a search.

also, what are you emailing with? can you not use it to do what ever burning
you are asking about?

in addition, you may be better off with a bootable usb memory stick. easy to
do and reusable. better than a r/w cd/dvd.

--

peace out.

sl6.3 linux

tc.hago.