?? on HPLIP drivers

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Sep 10 20:21:27 UTC 2013

On 09/10/2013 01:13 PM, Jim issued this missive:
> Fedora 18
>
> I understand that if you install the hplip drivers and your printer is
> supported, that when you plug in your usb cable into computer to printer
> that it Automatically will be recognised and setup up on computer,, Is
> that a correct assumption ??

More or less. I've had no problems with it so far. You might have to
scan for the printer in your printer admin application (Print Settings,
whatever) and add a queue for it, but that's all. It'll probably have
a URI like "hp:/usb/model-of-printer". I have:

	hp:/usb/Deskjet_D2400_series?serial=TH745341JM04Y7
-                 IGNORE that man behind the keyboard!               -
-                                                - The Wizard of OS  -